Friday 8 June 2007

lazy days!!

I must admit I am quite excited about the 3 peak challenge. I do enjoy climbing mountains and although I have never climbed any of the peaks in the three peak challenge I have done lots of walking in the welsh black mountains and some of the french pyrenees. That was over a decade ago though!

Right now I am in full training mode. Todays routiene consisted of waking up to the dulcet tones of my 9 month old daughter demanding her morning milk. This was followed by coffee and toast in the sunshine on our balcony with my daughter and partner. Soon, we will get ready to go to the beach for a swim followed by a lunch of MASSIVE prawns smothered in some lovely sauce.

Yes we are on holiday...

Though I do feel a little guilty about leaving my fellow 3 peakers to train with out me I am sure they will manage the training runs (Is it raining?) While I order another cerveza (cold draft beer) in the sunshine. Of course I do realise the girls will have the last laugh. When I return they will be zooming round the training route as I huff and puff and force my garlic saturated carcas after them. Hmmmm.

With that in mind maybe I'll go for run on the beach. Maybe after one more cerveza.

See you in a week girls.

2 comments:

Nicole...crazy enough to do the 3 peaks! said...

I'm glad you're having a good rest John...because you're going to need it!!! Especially after all of those cerveza beers!

I saw Mark Ackroyd at the NTC today & he had just finished a fitness session with the Military Training Squad (in Richmond Park)! He things we would benefit from going to these sessions!!!

You'll be glad to know that I've ben putting the "running" miles in this week, and I'll be going for another run tomorrow. My Dad's helping me train by cycling with me whilst I run. It's always motivating to have someone to train with.

Anyway, I'll write soon to keep you posted on my training programme. No doubt Brigid and I will be out running together this week.

Have a grat holiday, John.

Nicole

Brigid said...

Good to see you're enjoying your holiday, John. But that beach is calling... that soft sand will make things harder too!